Broome + Greene is an online retailer of modern furniture, lighting & decor for town & country homes.
As a part of our continued growth, we are seeking a Social Media Associate as part of our 2018 Internship Program to join us during the Winter or Spring college semester.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Manages company social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest other relevant platforms
- Engages in social media presence creation on new and emerging social media platforms
- Creates dynamic written, graphic, and video content
- Optimizes content following search engine optimization (SEO) and pay-per-click (PPC)
- Creates content that promotes audience interaction, increases audience presence on company sites, and encourages audience participation
- Develops offline events to drive engagement
- Community management, including responding to interactions and messages and escalating any service concerns to customer service
- Develop social media campaigns aligned with planned promotional activity on key dates like Valentines Day, Black Friday etc
- Analyses and reports audience information and demographics, and success of existing social media projects on a weekly basis
- Proposes new ideas and concepts for social media content
- Works with marketing to coordinate ad campaigns with social media strategy
- Writes content for company blog on relevant topics of interest to our customers and audience
- Uses timelines and scheduled content to create a consistent stream of new content for audience interaction while analyzing, managing, and altering schedules where necessary to optimize visits
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Highly organized, with an ability to plan priorities and adapt as requirements change
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Inquisitive & curious mind that is always seeking how something can be done better
- Experience of social media platforms, beyond posting selfies and sharing memes
- Currently studying for a Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, PR, Fashion, Design or similar
- Able to commit a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Experience with using Microsoft apps such as Outlook 365, Word, Excel & PowerPoint essential
- General interest in home furnishings, interior design or decor.
This is an unpaid internship position, however, you will qualify for course credit and discounts on merchandise.
It is the policy of Broome + Greene to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In addition, Broome + Greene will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Broome + Greene's goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions and social/recreational programs.