Broome + Greene is an online retailer of modern furniture, lighting & decor for town & country homes.
As a part of our continued growth, we are seeking a Category Associate as part of our 2018 Internship Program to join us during the Fall or Winter college semester.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Ownership of an allocated category & number of SKU's (stock keeping units)
- Maintain SKU's to include updating descriptions, images, SEO, promotional pricing and placement on the web store (home page, sale event, featured product etc)
- Identify trends within our niche and source merchandise to service trend
- Regularly review SKU's that are underperforming and work with marketing to promote or retire
- Benchmark SKU pricing on a rolling basis against key competitors and in conjunction with leadership identify SKU's where pricing needs to be adjusted while protecting company margins
- Produce forecasts based on historical sales data for upcoming months
- Plan in partnership with Marketing marketing/advertising campaigns to drive sales, both seasonal events and day to day sales
- Write a weekly wrap report on category performance for leadership review
- Review analytics and web store reports to identify areas for improvement
The successful candidate will possess the following skills:
- Highly organized, with an ability to plan priorities and adapt as requirements change
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Inquisitive & curious mind that is always seeking how something can be done better
- Experience of social media platforms, beyond posting selfies and sharing memes
- Currently studying for a Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, PR, Interior Design, Design or similar
- Able to commit a minimum of 10 hours per week
- Experience of using Microsoft applications, including Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- General interest in home decor/interior design
This is an unpaid internship position, however, you will qualify for course credit and discounts on merchandise.
It is the policy of Broome + Greene to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In addition, Broome + Greene will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Broome + Greene's goal is to increase representation of women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities. Our programs are designed to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, directives and regulations and cover all human resource actions including employment, compensation, benefits, training, education, tuition aid, transfers, promotions, and social/recreational programs.